WooCommerce with Square Payment Gateway
1.Setup Sandbox API for Test Transaction
Step 1: To access sandbox and view tested transaction login with https://developer.squareup.com/apps and goto MyApps from Left Side Bar
Step 2: Goto My Apps
Step 3: Click To Create New Application
Step 4: Insert Your Application Name and Click on Create New Application button
Step 5: Now your sandbox mode is active you can copy App id and Access token
These are the credential of Sandbox (NOTE:Use this credential for test transactions)
Step 6: Now you can simply insert sandbox credentials of Square in WooSquare and click Authorize, After that on top left corner you will see Setting updated successfully as shown below
- Enable/Disable: check on Enable to use Square as a payment option.
- Title: Displayed to customers during checkout.
- Description: write description (e.g Pay with your credit card via Square)
- Delay Capture: Allows you to pre-authorize a charge and not capture it until later. This is useful if you are about to shipping goods then take payment. Capture an authorization by marking the order Processing or Completed OR void the authorization by canceling the order.
- Create Customer : Create a customer profile on Square when a customer checks out on your WooCommerce store.
- Log Debug Messages: Save debug messages to the WooCommerce System Status log.To see log Wp-admin menu > Status > Log > select payment log..
- Send Customer Info: Sends first name and last name with order to square and click Save changes.As shown below
Step 10: At Checkout screen scroll down to payment gateways and verify that Credit card (square) is Enabled, click Save changes as shown below
Step 11: As soon as you click Save changes you will receive this message “Your settings have been saved” as shown below
THE FINAL RESULT
Step 12: At this stage, open website from frontend and choose any product from your website then add to cart, At checkout you will see payment method as credit card (square) as shown below